• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Accurate Rankings would be nice  (Read 3389 times)
Maverick

« on: November 15, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »

I think the national ranking are a bit all over the place aren't they? For example, take player Andy Warmington. On the previous list he wasn't in the top 29, but in the new list he is number 18 and he hasn't played a single tournament since the old rankings?!
I assume these are the official rankings based on previous national champs but UK racketball's version is based on guessing the rankings!

Matt

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:54:27 PM »

National rankings...usual blah. you've got players on there that aren't even Racketball players. When are England squash and Racketball gonna learn that people like Racketball cus it isn't Squash! And players should not be in the top 30 rankings when they only enter Squash tournaments. Just 'having a go' at the nationals shouldn't warrant a top 30 ranking. Once again England squash capitalising on the success of racketball but still treating it as a second class sport, the unwanted younger brother.

Another question, how come my county team can not get a penny for Racketball and yet Squash get there overnight accommodation payed and probably expenses. Isn't it supposed to be equal status! I would be keen to here if there would be any mileage gained by complaining to ESR due to this discrimination?

ukracketball
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

Just thought I would clear up the issue of National Rankings.

These are not done by UK-Racketball.

Although we work closely with ESR, they sanction our events, forward on emails and give us advice on how to structure events and we do the same for them.  We are not a part of ESR and the National Rankings and Junior Rankings are not a part of UK-Racketball.

The series rankings have been done by UK-Racketball, you can see exactly how many points that you get for where you finish and work out where you will go to before the rankings are even announced by the site.

Hope this helps but although we publish the results we donít write them.

Matt

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »

So much for equal status. England squash and Racketball can't even be bothered to produce an accurate top 25!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: